Thomas Lawrence, Leopold I of Belgium
just fyi, my original artwork is going to be tagged ‘afieldtripp’ so that it can go on my instagram and society6 as well as here
ok thats it bye!
I finally meet someone, who doesn’t believe in the moon landing
Namibia’s Hipsters: From the sapeurs of Kinshasa, the fashionistas of Lagos and to the streets of Jozi, vintage style is trending in Africa.
Designer, tailor and stylist Lourens Loux Gebhardt of Loux the Vintage Guru is now collaborating with Khumbala, a group of stylists and designers from Johannesburg, to launch a street-style website that seeks to inspire Africans to step out in style and introduce them to the merits of vintage fashion.
A fashion revolution in the making; “When we collaborate we call ourselves LIA (Love is African), and we’re currently playing a big part by simply inspiring fashionistas around the African continent.”
Usually decked out in well-cut 60’s suits, tweed jackets, round spectacles and trilby hats, Lourens explains, “Many people aren’t interested in wearing vintage, they just see it as used clothing… I manage to dress myself cheaply and end up looking like a million bucks.”
photos: ©Harness Hamese and ©Lukas Amakali. all rights reserved
h/t The Guardian
Just saw a fucking Lamborghini truck monstrosity, but you know. whatever. it’s socal
* Automated APH daily 1 hour draw account. Retweets anything tagged with #APH_60min.
* Moderated by @shoejo_.
* Every day a new prompt will be posted at 10:00 PM EST.
* Please draw whatever you like according to the prompt within 60 minutes.
* Please tag with #APH_60min to be retweeted!
* Bot must be following you to retweet. (Bot will auto-refollow)
* R18/NSFW is allowed.
* Please include any appropriate warnings in your tweet if applicable to your drawing.
* You can suggest new prompts with @ mention. New prompts will be added to the random prompt list when I have time to edit it.
Last Week Tonight with John Oliver (HBO): Net Neutrality (by LastWeekTonight)
A brilliant overview and critique of Net Neutrality (“the only two words more boring in the English language are ‘featuring Sting’”). Especially if you’re American, please do me a personal favor and just watch. Then go here (and keep trying - don’t let the site crashing keep you from having your say).
this is just a big joke to you isn’t it, tumblr?
fuck. fu ck
a really excellent way to reduce anxiety is to pick up a new hobby. find something you’re interested in, learn it, then use it as a healthy and productive way to cope.
- learn to play guitar
- learn how to make interactive stories with the free program Twine
- learn how to make pixel art
- learn another language
- learn how to build a ship in a bottle
- learn how to develop your own film
- learn how to embroider
- learn how to make chiptunes (8-bit music)
- learn how to make origami (the art of paper folding)
- learn how to make tumblr themes
- learn how to make jewelry
- learn how to make candy
- learn how to make terrariums
- learn how to make your own perfume
- learn how to make your own tea
- learn how to build birdhouses
- learn how to read tarot cards
- learn how to make zines
- learn how to code
- learn how to whittle (wood carving)
- learn how to make candles
- learn how to make clay figurines
- learn how to knit scarves
- learn how to become an amateur astronomer
- learn some yoyo tricks
- learn how to start a collection
- learn how to start body building
- learn how to edit wikipedia articles
- learn how to decorate iphone cases
- learn how to do freelance writing
- learn how to make your own cards and
- learn how to make your own envelopes
- learn how to play the ukulele
- learn how to make gifs
- learn how to play chess
- learn how to juggle
- learn how to guerrilla garden
- learn how to chart your family history
- learn how to keep chickens
- learn how to do yoga
- learn how to do magic tricks
- learn how to raise and breed butterflies
- learn how to play dungeons & dragons
- learn how to skateboard
- learn how to do parkour
- learn how to surf
- learn how to arrange flowers
- learn how to make stuffed animals
I’m officially CPR first aid certified!!
I recommend everyone get this training, the certification lasts 2 years and the class was only 8 weeks long
but you’re my flame
CONCHITA YOU ARE THE BEST! CONGRATULATIONS TO THE QUEEN OF EUROPE